Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Summary



Got sick
Spend the weekend in Nairobi
Went to “easy church”
Played with babies at the inner city center
Had a Mountain Dew
Bought cereal
Drank real milk
Called some friends
Failed at calling friends
Almost threw my computer for not allowing me to call friends
Got sick
Taught class
Laughed really hard I almost fell off the toilet when I read the label on the toilet paper- wrapper.. it completely lies, it really feels like sandpaper
Thought of a really funny line in a Joe purdy song about the toilet and almost fell again.
Played with babies
Found rat poop all over my house
Got sick
Listened to Lightning 100’s top 20
Got home sick
Ate chocolate to help with the homesickness
Realized I still hate chocolate
Craved satco.
Thought about just coming home, calling britt and having her meet me at satco
Danced with the girls
Watched Kenyan tv all night
Realized I really need to learn Swahili
Irene and I practiced dancing in front of the mirror ..failed
Taught class
Took my kids on a walk
Cleaned my house
Found dead rats while cleaning
Laughed out loud while reading Caroline’s notes for the third time
Had quiet time
Called Britt
And now I am ready for bed.. Sorry its short but its all I can do for now. I will update later. LOVE!


3 comments:

  1. Darling Sara-
    I enjoyed your very descriptive summary. You have a talent for painting great word-pictures without over-verbalizing. I envy that. I know you are making a huge difference in the lives of your students AND your readers.
    JimB
    PS- My friend Lester wants to know if you took Lightning 100's top 20 with you on your iPod, or if you got it streaming off the web. Either way, he's happy that you are able to listen to his station, and hopes you enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got it off the internet and got to listen to bits of it... It really helped with the homesickness!! So tell him thank you for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you Sherm. And can't wait to eat Satco with you. But know that I am very proud of what you are doing. ....and jealous. But mostly envious of how God is using you. I love you to pieces. And wear your hat often. It's safe with me. Also, I am glad you keeping your humor there...it's the laughter that will get you through the time. And I am jealous of your mountain dew. I am craving one right now. Love and miss you.

    ReplyDelete